Tuesday, November 27, 2007

So, Can I Read the Book?

I've had a couple of people ask me if they can read the book.

The short answer is, no.

The long answer is, it's not anywhere near being completed. When I said I was "finished," I meant I'd hit 50K and had won NaNoWriMo. Even if I weren't still adding to the first draft daily (which I am), when writing at such a furious pace, the first draft is more like a sketch than a fully executed portrait. Add to the mix that this is my first novel, and you can imagine what a sketchy state it's in now, indeed. I'm actually a little afraid to go back and look at the first draft at this point. So I'll just keep making it longer!

A couple of my NaNo buddies are still furiously writing, so I want to give a shout-out and oodles of encouragement to CKHB, Harriet_Vane, crankymama, and Li! Go, mamas, go!

No comments: