Saturday, November 3, 2007

November 3

Wheeeee! Writing was a breeze today. I know it won't always be this easy, so I'm going to enjoy it while I can. I keep reading that week two feels like running into a brick wall. But today it went well, and I met my word count during Edythe's morning nap. Christopher has to work today (yes, he always has to work on Saturdays) so Edythe and I will celebrate by going for a hike with our friend Kelly. The weather has been just gorgeous here this week, so I'm glad for the excuse to get out of the house.

Plus, it will give me a chance to work off some of this Halloween candy. It doesn't matter how quickly I lost the baby weight if I put it all right back on over the holidays.

In other news, I made Edythe a sleep sack last night, out of fleece. She's grown too tall for all the ones she had last winter. To my surprise, the project took all of 20 minutes, including sewing! That's rare for me, because I usually have some sort of sewing mishap, putting the garment together backwards or jamming the machine with thread snippings or some such nonsense. But it went just fine. Maybe the creative juices are flowing over from one project into another.

Today's Word Count: 2,230/2,000
Total Word Count: 7,046/50,000

More than a tenth of the way there!

No comments: