Sunday, November 18, 2007

November 18

I finally hit 40,000 today! But the combination of long stretches of typing and too much baby carrying is starting to take its toll on my arms. Edythe has reached the stranger anxiety phase where she wants to be held by me, and only me, as much as possible. It's very sweet that she's so snuggly, but my arms are tired.

We had an excellent dinner tonight with my BFF and her two daughters, who are nearly 4 and 3. Watching the almost-four-year-old engage in imaginative play was interesting, because most of us did it at one point, constructed these worlds and acted out scenes with our invented characters. But when do we lose that ability to play and not care who is watching? I blame middle school. Middle school stinks.

I'm losing a bit of novel-steam these days, and am feeling a bit preoccupied with getting ready for Thanksgiving and visiting relatives and my really packed week at work.

Today's Word Count:2,006/2,000
Total Word Count: 40,101/50,000 (80%)

No comments: