Wednesday, November 14, 2007

November 14

Training was long and boring, but I took advantage of the time to think through my plot and make a bunch of notes about how to tie things together, what to add, where the story might go next, etc. So all in all it was a productive day.

We dined at The Galaxy Diner tonight. Peanut butter & jelly milkshakes are where it's at! Little Edie was well behaved, which was fortunate because we made friends with a woman due to meet her own little bundle of joy on Friday. Heh heh. We didn't tell her to enjoy her sleep now. I was hoping she'd order the "Knock me up, Scotty" (I think it's fried pickles and ice cream), but she just got a milkshake and a giant plate of nachos.

I dedicate tonight's word count to Christopher, who let me use the laptop despite having a paper due and a report to write for work. And also to Little Edie, who has not woken up yet, thus allowing me to write.

Today's Word Count: 2, 199/2,000
Total Word Count: 33,000/50,000

In a way I can't wait to hit 50,000 words and be done with this novel, but in a way I think I'll miss it. I'm already planning my next big writing project, and how I'll improve on what I've done this time. So even if this isn't great literature I'm writing now, it's still been an important experience.

No comments: