Tuesday, November 6, 2007

November 6

Getting started was much more difficult today. I made some notes, sketched out some ideas of where this all might be going. I may have a general theme now. But in a way, that makes it harder, because now all the text has to mean something, has to contribute to that theme. Whereas before I was just exploring, now I'm starting to do things to my characters, have calamities befall them, so I can start moving the plot along.

Struggles are to be expected at this stage of the game, I suppose. But still, those first 500 words today were hard.

Of course, Edythe also woke up every 90 minutes last night, so I could be experiencing some cognitive issues from lack of sleep. She's so cute, especially when she's sleepy, I don't really mind, until my alarm clock goes off in the morning and I have to go to work and pretend to be functional.

On the other hand, Christopher is being a huge support through all this, bringing me treats, offering to watch the baby so I have time to write, and actually reading my blog. If I can get through this, I owe it in large part to him. Every writer should be so lucky as to have such a staunch supporter.

Daily Word Count: 1,981/2,000
Total Word Count: 14,103/50,000

No comments: