Thursday, October 18, 2007

Ridiculous Goal Setting

NaNoWriMo is 30 days long. 50,000 words.

That means one should write approximately 1667 words per day to reach the goal.

I think my goal, which I am shamelessly stealing from a friend, will be to write 2,000 words a day, which theoretically gives me 5 days off. Because I know things will come up; cranky babies who don't sleep, mountains of housework, relative and tryptophan-induced comas on Thanksgiving, etc.

In November I'll post widgets on this blog so my word count will be visible, and will (I hope) keep me honest.

To tell the truth, I am both terrified and anxious for the race to begin. I am afraid to test myself this way, because it is very likely I will fail. On the other hand, the longer I sit with an idea, the more likely I am to think it's awful and throw it out without even trying.

So let's start, already! Before I create some more ridiculous goals.

No comments: