Monday, October 22, 2007

To Do: Send

I don't want to curse my idea with plot rot, so I won't say too much. But I did enjoy writing some character sketches this morning, and they were coming fairly easily. I think having lowered my standards from "write a good book, or the 1st draft of a good book" to "write 50K of whatever about a character you like" has helped a lot. She's this quirky girl who's been hanging out in the back of my mind, and I've been pushing her off as Not Worthy of My Serious Literary Attempt.

But she's fun and weird and I think I could write a lot.

In other news, Edythe did not sleep well last night. I'm used to a sort of low-lying haze about my days, since I last got 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep what, a year ago? But some days are worse than others. For example, I just looked at the to-do list I'd typed up this morning. One of the items, in its entirety:

Send

Send what? Where? To whom? And why?

Also, it's not even 11 and already I am wanting lunch. Clearly this will be a productive work day.

No comments: