Friday, October 26, 2007

I Hate Housework

I've been working on my character background information. It's going pretty well. I'm enjoying composing biopsychosocial-spiritual assessments for them all. Yes, I am a social worker.

But I'm beginning to panic about how, exactly, I will find time to write and keep my family fed and relatively clean. Christopher already shoulders the majority of the mountain of housework, and he can't physically take on any more than he is doing now. Like graduate school, I think this will be more an endurance test than a creative exercise.

But the house is a disaster that we already can't get a handle on, without me being sucked into novel writing. At best, the very best, I'll be maintaing this huge mess. My unfinished craft projects alone could swallow up a small pony.

I guess that's one good thing about this novel writing project; whether I finish or not, it won't cost me anything, and won't take up valuable closet space!

I wish I could call it sick day and go home and spend the day cleaning.

No comments: