Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Argh

I didn't want to post today, because I feel like I haven't done anything worthwhile today. But I'm trying to be more accountable, so here I am.

Actually, today I discovered that an online pal is also doing NaNo, so she and I can commiserate, at least. Also, she sent me a link to a good site for name meanings.

But I am stuck, seriously stuck, on a subject for this novel. I've considered and trashed a lot of ideas at this point. I'm terrified of picking something awful, getting several thousand words in, and finding I hate my subject and can't continue! Also, all my ideas seem too formulaic and overdone. Sigh.

I spent some time reading Hans Christian Andersen fairy tales today, and there was one I liked a lot, but I'm not sure I can do much with the themes. Maybe I'll be inspired while I sleep tonight.

Or maybe I'll finally finish reading Harry Potter.

See, yet another issue. How long have I been reading this now? A month? Granted, the middle was boring, but I used to be able to dash through books, boring or no, in a matter of days. I thought people who complained about having no time once the baby was born were either whiners or bad time managers. Boy was I wrong.

No comments: