Monday, October 8, 2007

Progress Update #1

Last night I completed a draft of my column! I also re-read old columns until I fell asleep, somewhere around midnight, just before the baby woke up. And so it goes.

Of course I have some misgivings about my topic, but I'm going to continue to play with it and condense what I wrote, and see if I can get a good, funny column out of it. Or I still might scrap it altogether, but I have hope that it will work out. I hesitate to post about my ideas here for fear of stealing, so I may take this down later, but I'm currently writing about our first backpacking trip with Baby. It's amusing, and it's a contained incident, so there's not the whole cosmos full of ideas that I have to choose from.

In other news, this morning is Columbus Day, so Christopher's at work, and I'm playing SAHM with the baby. It's fun! She's napping, and I updated our family website, took out the trash, and ironed. I wish I had this time every day.

Tomorrow we leave for a 4-day work trip for me. Since I'm the main food source for Edythe and Christopher can telecommute, they are coming with me. I'm really, really pushing to get the column finished and submitted before we leave, which means all cleaning and packing need to happen during the day today, so I can write after she goes to bed. I am a whirling dervish of productivity!

Still no ideas about the novel.

No comments: